If you’re like the better half of America, last month you made the resolution to get fit and stay healthy. With January coming to an end and 2016 beginning to feel like old news, chances are you’ve conveniently forgotten or have given up completely on said resolutions. With the help of the following mobile apps fittingly compiled below, you don’t have to look any further than the palm of your hands to find the guidance you need to help stick to your health and fitness goals.
- VitFit, $19.99/month (HQ in Philadelphia, PA) – VitFit aims to take the “work” out of your workout by helping you stay inspired and committed to your goals. If you don’t have the time, money, or confidence to head to the gym or use a personal trainer – but still want to get fit – VitFit may be the app you’re looking for. Based on your individual fitness goals, VitFit creates a personalized program and allows you to download an MP3 with your own trainer motivating you in real time. Cool fact: all workouts are created by certified personal trainers, so you’re sure to work up a sweat.
- Vea Fitness, Free (HQ in Philadelphia, PA) – Sometimes you need a little motivation to get off the couch and out for a run. Lucky for you, the folks behind VeaFitness agree! While it’s still in beta, when released you can complete runs to unlock rewards through the mobile app. Run 2 miles? Receive 20% off of your next purchase at Nike. Added bonus: Vea Fitness has its own built-in GPS tracking system and logs all of your runs, so no need for multiple tracking apps. Hit the pavement…then the mall.
- Fooducate, Free + in App Purchases (HQ in Bay Area, CA) – Fooducate takes theguesswork out of eating healthy. It doesn’t just track the quantity of calories you take in, but also the quality of your caloric intake. Navigate confusing product nutrition labels by scanning a barcode and receiving an easy to decipher A, B, C, or D letter grade. You’ll even get offered healthier alternatives. If that’s not enough, Fooducate has its own community for feedback and support.
- FitBliss Free (HQ in Bay Area, CA) – What better way to achieve your fitness goals
than to promote some healthy competition? FitBliss brings fitness into the workplace with team competitions and challenges while promoting a happier, healthier work environment.
- Yogatailor, Free in app store and 15 day trial (HQ in Mountain View, CA) – Yogatailor is your custom yoga workout designed to tailor to your health needs. Do you want to sleep better? Do you want to get rid of that back pain? Just put your preferences in the app and let your custom yoga workout magically appear.
- DietSensor, $249 handheld molecule scanner + free app (HQ in Boston, MA) – DietSensor is a handheld scanner that can read the molecules in your donut and tell you how many calories are in that bad boy! The sensor sends information directly to an app on your phone. The mobile app not only tells you your pending calorie intake but also offers real-time coaching, a DietSensor community, and an optional scale. The only downside to this phenomenon? It only reads individual food items – so don’t try scanning your chimichanga.
Your quest for a healthy life is a little more fun when you have a handy gadget or new technology to guide you. Whether it be a customizable fitness app or a calorie scanner, there is something technical out there to try this year. Maybe if you revisit your health and fitness goals with the aid of these helpful technologies, you’ll get the motivation you needed all along.
You may also be interested in: