This fall, Tech in Motion Silicon Valley hosted its first tech trivia event at the AFK Gamers Lounge in Downtown San Jose. Sponsor Jobspring Partner’s very own Danny Cavero was on the mic, using his beatbox skills to add some fun and flare to the intense trivia questions. There was serious competition in the air as each team leader was competing to win a Ring Zero, a smart device that allows you to control all the devices in your home with a point of your finger, with the rest of the winning team receiving Amazon Gift cards.
Could not make it out? Check out how you would have fared in our competition! (Don’t cheat, but the answers are at the bottom!)
Round two: Silicon Valley Tech Trivia:
- Which company was NOT created in Silicon Valley? Survey Monkey, Cloudera, Tinder, or BOX
- Which company in 1956 became the first establishment to work on silicon semiconductor devices in what came to be known as the Silicon Valley?
- This city in Silicon Valley featured the first street car.
- This computer product was invented in 1970 by Douglas Engelbart.
Round three: General Tech Trivia
- Who is known as the father of the Java programming language?
- This British woman is widely recognized as having written the first computer Program.
- In recent news what is the largest tech acquisition ever reported?
- What does UX/IA stand for?
- What did Samsung originally do?
Round four: Throwback Trivia
- What year did Microsoft ship Windows 1.0?
- What was the name of the first digital computer, created by MIT, in 1928?
- When was the first iPod sold?
- This signature Screensaver featured flying toasters?
- What was Mario’s original name?
Round five: Entertainment & Tech
- First used by Kevin McAllister as a prop in the hit film Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, THIS GADGET was later released in 1993 to tween consumers everywhere.
- In the HBO show, Silicon Valley, what’s the name of the startup’s app?
- Vivek Ranadive, owner of the Sacramento Kings, also founded which real-time software computing company in 1997?
- Name the AMC series that depicts a fictionalized insider’s view of the personal computer revolution.
- Name two actors that have portrayed Steve Jobs in movies.
At the end of the event there were 25 points possible, and it came down to a tie, two teams scored 19 points total! Would you have been able to win it for your team?
The tie break question:
In what year was the first spam mail sent?
Want to join us for other Tech in Motion events? Join our Meetup group to stay up to date on event information: http://www.meetup.com/TechinMotionSiliconValley/
Round one Logos:
Logos: 1. Robin Hood 2. Door Dash 3.Town Hound 4.Houzz 5. 8x8inc
Round two: Silicon Valley tech
- Shockley Semiconductor Laboratory
- San Jose
- The Mouse
Round three: general Tech
- James Gosling
- Ada Lovelace
- Del’s acquisition of EMC
- USER EXPERIENCE – INFORMATION ARCHITECHTURE
- they were a small trading company dealing mostly with locally grown groceries
Round four: Throwback Tech
- November 20, 1985
- Differential Analyser
- After Dark
Round five: Entertainment & tech
- Pied Piper
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Michael Fassbender, Noah Wyle, Ashton Kutcher
How would you stood up to the competition? Let us know in the comments, or find a Tech in Motion event near you on the upcoming events calendar.